If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Manage orders in the mPOS app
Learn how to add, edit, remove, and customize orders in the mPOS app.
The mPOS module acts as a mobile POS terminal that wait staff can use to take tableside orders and process payments.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add, edit, remove, and customize orders in the mPOS app.
Use the mPOS to take and modify customer orders.
Add items to an order
To add items to an order, follow the steps below:
- Open the mPOS app.
- Select a table and enter the party size. Tap Confirm to proceed.
- If you’ve enabled Order Display By Seat, tap the seat option to change the seat to the appropriate seat number.
- On the order-taking screen, select the Items and applicable Modifiers that you want to add to the customer's order.
Note: If you’ve enabled Quick Mode, tap and hold on an Item to display the Modifiers page. For more information on how to enable or disable Quick Mode, refer to Configure mPOS settings.
- When you’ve completed adding the Items to the customer’s Cart, tap Confirm Order.
Place a Combo Item order
Combo Item orders can be placed through the mPOS app. To configure Combo menu Items, refer to Set up and manage a Combo Item.
To add a Combo Item, follow the steps below:
From the order-taking screen, choose a Combo Item.
Select a Combo Item option, then choose from the available menu Items included in the Combo.
To review the selected menu Items that have been added to the Combo, tap Next.
Tap Add to confirm.
Change Item Quantity
Depending on whether you’ve enabled Quick Mode in the mPOS settings, the method to change a menu Item’s quantity can change based on the selected setting. For more information on how to enable or disable Quick Mode, refer to Configure mPOS settings.
Change Quantity from the order-taking screen
If Quick Mode is enabled, you can modify an Item’s quantity directly from the order-taking screen.
To modify the quantity, from the order-taking screen, tap on a menu Item to add one increment of that Item to the Cart. To decrease the quantity, tap the minus symbol beside the selected menu Item.
Change Quantity from the Modifiers screen
If Quick Mode is disabled, you can modify an Item’s quantity from the Modifiers screen.
To modify the quantity, from the Modifiers screen, tap add to increase the quantity and tap minus to decrease the quantity.
Search Item by Product Code
Use an Item’s Product Code or Stock Keeping Unit (SKU).
To find an Item using the Product Code, follow the steps below:
- At the top right of the order-taking screen, tap Search .
- Use the keypad to enter the Product Code.
- Tap Add . The Item is added automatically to the cart.
- If the Item has Modifiers, the screen prompts you to select the Item’s Modifiers. At the top right, tap Done.
Add a member to an order
To include members in an order, follow the steps below:
At the top right of the order-taking screen, tap Member .
- To find a member’s record, enter the member’s First or Last Name, or Phone Number. Then, tap Search.
From the search results, tap the member record. The Member Overview appears on the screen.
- Confirm if the selected record matches the member’s details.
- To add the member to the order, tap Add to Order.
Tip: This option changes to Remove from Order once a member has been added.
Tap Back to return to the order-taking screen.
Once a member has been added to an order, the member’s name is displayed at the top right of the order-taking screen to indicate that the order is now associated with the member.
Use the mPOS to split tables and transfer orders to another table.
Transfer order to another table
To transfer a customer to a different table, follow the steps below:
- Tap on a table with an existing order, then at the top right, tap Transfer.
- Select a pending order, then choose a table that can accommodate the total number of people in the party.
Note: Selecting an already occupied table creates a split table automatically.
- Tap Transfer to confirm. A prompt appears stating that the request has been submitted. The order is transferred to the selected table shortly afterward.
Split a Table
To split a table, follow the steps below:
- Tap on a table with an existing order, then at the top right, tap +.
- Enter the party size to be seated, then tap Confirm.
- Proceed in taking the customer’s orders, then tap Confirm Order.
The table automatically creates a split and is represented by having a two-toned shade. Tap on the table to display all active orders.
Clear a table
Once a table’s bill has been settled, the table’s status will turn green. This indicates that the table can be cleared. To clear a table, follow the steps below:
- Open the mPOS app.
- On the table map screen, tap the table you’d like to mark as clear. This is indicated by the color green.
- To clear the table, tap Done.