Payment reader not working
Learn how to troubleshoot connection issues between a payment reader and the Eats365 POS.
When a payment reader is having issues connecting to the Eats365 POS, you may notice that the payment reader needs multiple attempts to read the customer’s card or can’t read the card at all.
In this article, you’ll learn how to fix the connection between a payment reader and the Eats365 POS.
To perform troubleshooting on a payment reader, follow the steps below:
- Depending on the type of payment reader, ensure that the payment reader is receiving power.
- Wireless: Check if the payment reader is charging or has enough battery.
- Wired: Check if the payment reader is plugged into a power outlet and is turned on.
- Make sure the payment reader and POS are connected to the same network.
- If applicable, check if the payment reader’s IP address matches the IP address shown on the POS. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Eats365 POS.
- Tap Settings .
- Under Integrated Payment, select the payment reader that’s connected to the POS.
- Check if the IP address is a match.
- Perform a reboot on the payment reader by turning it off or unplugging it from the power outlet. Wait for about 20 seconds then plug it back in or turn it back on.
- Wait a few moments to let the payment reader boot up, then scan the customer’s card again.
Troubleshooting for specific payment readers
- Turn off the black mini PC by unplugging the power cord behind the device from the power outlet.
- Perform a reboot on the Octopus Card Reader by pressing the power button to it turn off. Press the button again to turn it back on.
Note: Depending on the model of the Octopus Card Reader, rebooting the device may differ. Please get in touch with the manufacturer or refer to the user manual for more information on how to perform a reboot.
- Wait until the Octopus Card Reader beeps.
- Turn on the black mini PC by plugging the power cord into the power outlet.
- Wait around 3 to 5 minutes and then scan the customer’s Octopus Card again.
Issue not resolved
If you’ve performed all of the steps above and the issue still persists, contact the Eats365 ServiceDesk Team through WhatsApp.