Table of Contents
POS unable to connect to the internet
Learn how to troubleshoot a POS that can’t connect to the internet.
A stable internet connection is required to ensure that your POS system, printers, and modules can communicate with each other without any issues. In some cases, the POS may lose its connection to the internet and is unable to reconnect, or the POS may not be able to connect to the internet at all.
This article discusses the basic troubleshooting steps that you can take to identify the cause of this issue, and how you can connect the POS to the network.
The following scenarios can be observed when the POS can’t connect to the internet:
- The POS app fails to open.
- The POS shows that it’s Offline.
- No print jobs are being printed.
- The iPad device may be faulty.
- The router may have been accidentally unplugged from the power outlet.
- There may be a service outage.
To perform basic network troubleshooting, follow the steps below:
- Check if the POS is connected to the network. On the iPad device, tap the Wifi icon . Look for the check mark beside the network that your POS and its Modules should be connected to.
- Check if there’s an exclamation point beside the Wifi icon. This indicates an issue with your internet connection.
- Check your router’s LED lights. You may need to refer to your router or Internet Service Provider (ISP) manual to determine what the lights represent. If there are lights that indicate service loss, contact your ISP.
- To rule out if the issue is due to the app itself losing connection, on the POS, tap . The app attempts to reconnect to the internet.
- Open Safari and visit eats365pos.com. The following scenarios may occur:
Eats365 website loads but POS is offline
The issue may be with the app. Go to the App Store to check if an update is available.
Eats365 website fails to load
Visit a non-Eats365 website.
- If a different website successfully loads, there may potentially be server downtime. You may continue to use the POS in Offline Mode until the services are back online.
- If a different website fails to load, try using a different device to browse the internet. If a different device can connect successfully, the issue may be with the POS iPad device. Check the iPad’s Wi-Fi settings or check if a System Update is available.
- If the POS is connected to the router using an Ethernet cable, try to switch the Ethernet port that the iPad is occupying from the back of the router or use a different Ethernet cable.
- Eats365 website loads but POS is offline
- Reboot the router. To perform a reboot, follow the steps below:
- Unplug the router from the power outlet for one minute, then plug it back in.
- Wait until all of the lights from the router turn back on, then check if your devices can connect to the internet.
Issue not resolved
If your POS still can’t connect to the internet, contact your ISP.