Set up and Installation
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Connect an iPad to a network
Learn how to connect a supported iPad device to a network.
A reliable network ensures that your iPad POS devices, printers, and modules can communicate with each other without any issues. A stable internet connection also helps process hassle-free credit card transactions and seamless cloud syncing to help you run your restaurant smoothly.
You can connect a compatible iPad to a wireless or hardwired connection. For more information about networks, refer to Types of internet networks.
To connect your iPad to a Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below:
- From your iPad’s home screen, tap the Settings app , then choose Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi . The iPad scans for all available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password, then tap Join.
Note: If you don't know the Wi-Fi network password, contact your administrator.
After you join the network, you'll find a blue check mark next to the network and the connected Wi-Fi icon at the top right corner of your iPad’s display.
To connect an iPad to a network, follow the steps below:
- Plug in the adapter to the iPad’s Lightning or USB-C port.
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet adapter.
- To verify that your Ethernet connection is working, open your iPad's Settings , then tap Ethernet. If the connection is successful, you'll find your Ethernet information.