Set up and Installation
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Learn how to set up Eats365 POS with the necessary hardware such as receipt and ticket printers and cash drawers.
Before using Eats365 POS, you must first set up the necessary hardware, such as the iPad, printers, cash drawers, and more, and connect them to each other through a wired or wireless network.
In this article, you’ll learn the basics of setting up your hardware, how to connect your devices to a network, and how to connect them all together to get your POS setup ready.
What you need to get started
- Stable internet connection with at least 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds
- Router that supports Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and up
- Network switch
- iPad with Ethernet adapter
- iPad stand
- Thermal printer for printing receipts
- Dot matrix printer for printing kitchen tickets
- Cash drawer
The diagram below shows the basic setup for the network and hardware.
Set up your devices
To set up your devices, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure you have a stable Internet connection
A reliable internet connection is required for the Eats365 POS, modules, and online solutions to work properly. Together they help facilitate a modern and efficient workflow for your restaurant’s day-to-day operations.
To ensure you have a stable internet connection, you must:
- Have an internet connection with at least 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds
- For wireless connections:
- Ensure proper Wi-Fi coverage and the least interference. A Wi-Fi router with at least Wi-Fi 5 or 802.11ac equipped with a 5GHz band is recommended.
- Place your Wi-Fi router or modem at a location that can cover your establishment evenly with the least interference.
- You can use speedtest.net to check your internet speeds.
- Some Internet Service Providers (ISP) provide a singular device that acts as both a modem and a Wi-Fi router. In such a case, you may choose not to add a Wi-Fi router, given that the provided router is sufficient.
2. Add a network router
Connect the network router to the provided modem using an Ethernet cable. On the back of the router, locate the WAN port and plug in one end of the Ethernet cable, then plug the other end of the cable into the modem.
3. Add a network switch
Connect the network switch to the router using an Ethernet cable. On the back of the router, locate any of the LAN ports and plug in one end of the Ethernet cable, then plug the other end of the cable into one of the ports on the switch. The network switch allows you to connect multiple devices, such as iPad and printers, to your wired network.Delete
4. Connect an iPad to the network
The Eats365 POS on your iPad can work on both wireless and wired Ethernet connections. For further instructions, refer to Connect an iPad to the network.Delete
5. Set up a printer
6. Connect a cash drawer to the receipt printer
Refer to the cash drawer’s user manual or contact the manufacturer for steps on how to set up the cash drawer.
Once set up, you can set the cash drawer to open automatically whenever a cash payment is made. To do this, connect the cash drawer to the receipt printer using an Ethernet cable.
7. Link a printer to the POS
Once your printer is set up and connected to the network, pair the printer with the POS. For further instructions, refer to Scan and pair a printer.Delete
8. Manage printer configurations
You can set your printer to handle multiple jobs. For a list of different printer configurations, refer to the list below:
- Configure a receipt printer with cash drawer
- Configure a receipt printer for tables
- Configure a receipt printer to print Shift Report
- Configure Kitchen Printers for each Kitchen Station
- Configure Kitchen Printer to print expeditor list