If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Perform a Split bill by Item and Split Bill by Amount
Learn how to split checks by Item and by amount in the Eats365 POS app.
Splitting bills allow customers to choose if they want to pay for their own items or to divide the final amount evenly among the party.
In this article, you’ll learn how to split a bill by each Item ordered by a customer or split the bill by the total amount.
Split bill by Item
To split the bill based on the items ordered by each customer, follow the steps below:
- To get to the payment screen, tap an existing order, then tap Pay.
- Tap Split Bill , then select Split by item.
- Add the number of splits by tapping Plus .
Tip: If you accidentally added a split, tap Delete to remove the split.
- On the splits panel, select the bill where you want to transfer an item.
- Transfer an Item from the main bill by tapping on an item. The Item gets transferred from the main bill and appears on the split bill.
Tip: If you add an item to a split by accident, tap the item from the split bill, and the item returns to the main bill.
- Repeat the steps until all items from the main bill are transferred to the splits created.
- Select a split, then tap Pay to proceed to the payment screen. Once the payment is settled, the screen returns to the Split by Item screen.
- (Optional) You can split the cost of a single Item among the number of paying customers. To do this, tap the three dots then select the splits that among the paying customers. You can select Add split to add another split.
- Select any remaining unpaid splits, then repeat the payment process until all splits are fully paid.
Tip: Paid splits are marked as Paid.
Split bill by Amount
To split the final bill amount between the total number of paying customers, follow the steps below:
- To get to the payment screen, tap an order, then tap Pay.
- Tap Split Bill , then select Split by amount.
- Under Payments, tap and swipe your finger on the number slider to select the number of paying customers. The total is divided evenly by the number of Payments selected.Tip: You can change the payment amount for each split by tapping on the amount value and entering the amount the customer would like to pay. For example, one customer would like to pay more than their companions.
- (Optional) You can merge partial split payments to combine them into one. For example, three customers share a meal, but only two pay. The first split can pay normally, while the payment for customers 2 and 3 can combine into 1. To do this, tap the drop-down arrow , then select the split you’d like to merge with. The total amount is combined, and you can choose to proceed with settling the payment.
- Tap Pay to proceed to the payment screen. Once the payment has been settled, the screen goes back to the Split by Amount screen, where you can proceed to settle all remaining split payments.
Note: When at least a single split is paid, the ability to order additional menu Items are no longer available.